|2013 Ram 1500|
A new national advertising campaign, titled “Moving Heaven and Earth,” demonstrates how state-of-the-art technologies like a powerful 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, class-exclusive eight-speed transmission, all-new air suspension system, revolutionary rotary shifter and next-generation Uconnect Access, give the new Ram 1500 the power to move heaven and earth and put the environment under the complete control of the driver.
The ads feature the Ram Truck brand tagline “Guts. Glory. Ram.”
The first television spots are scheduled to begin Oct. 12.
Fuel-saving technologies offered in the Ram 1500 pickup, providing the new truck with best-in-class fuel economy of 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, also will take center stage in another campaign running in key U.S. Hispanic markets.
This next iteration of the brand’s “A Todo, Con Todo” campaign (meaning “to everything, with everything”) was produced in both Spanish and English and features the award-winning Latin musician Juanes.
“The Ram Truck brand has generated 29 months of consecutive sales growth and increased market share by offering the most capable trucks for every professional and lifestyle need,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico.
“The new Ram 1500 is more than a truck, it is the embodiment of no-compromise, industry-first innovations engineered to move heaven and earth, and it is built by a team of determined men and women destined to do the same to bring the most capable light-duty truck to market.”
A 60-second commercial, titled “Road,” establishes the concept of the national Ram 1500 campaign and sets the stage for four additional 30-second ads that follow.
“Set against nature’s most inspiring landscapes, this campaign blends realism and surrealism to tell the story of how the entire Ram team moved ‘heaven and earth’ to build the new light-duty truck,” said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, Chrysler Group LLC.
“These powerful and epic ads visually celebrate the innovative technologies and pioneering capabilities of the new Ram and the investment we put into bringing this new truck to market.”
The 60-second spot opens on a one-lane highway with the new Ram 1500 traveling underneath a starlit sky. The constellations appear to move as the driver changes SiriusXM satellite radio stations.
The truck continues on its journey as a series of special effects are mixed with real footage to dramatically demonstrate the class-leading capabilities and features of the new light-duty truck. For example, two major cities come together to shorten the distances (better fuel economy) and a hawk suddenly freezes in mid-flight and shifts course (total control of rotary shifter).
Actor Sam Elliott, the voice of Ram, says “To take it all head-on … shorten the distances, push beyond the possible, roar past convention, shift every course, defy the elements and bring the world to its knees. The new 2013 Ram 1500. Engineered to move heaven and earth.”
Just as the truck comes to a stop at the edge of a rocky cliff, Elliott steps out, marking his first on-camera appearance in a Ram commercial. Elliott continues, “The road doesn’t end here. This is only the beginning. Guts. Glory. Ram.”
– ‘Moving Heaven and Earth’ campaign showcases state-of-the-art features only offered in the new Ram truck
– ‘Guts. Glory. Ram.’ tagline and Sam Elliott, voice of Ram, to continue
– Ram Truck brand introduces new bilingual Hispanic campaign, evolving ‘A Todo, Con Todo’ theme and featuring award-winning Latin musician Juanes .
The 30-second commercials include:
– “Horizon” – Best-in-class 25 mpg highway fuel economy provides for 160 more miles with every fill-up, shortening more distances than ever before to a single tank of gas.
– “Dawn” – The revolutionary rotary shifter in the new 2013 Ram 1500, the first of its kind to be introduced in any pickup truck, puts the driver in absolute control of thier surroundings and the road.
– “Mountain” – Class-excusive Active Level air suspension in the new Ram 1500 is designed to take on any obstacle in its path, leveling the steepest inclines, conquering the rockiest roads and easing the burden of even the toughest terrain.
– “Sky” – The state-of-art Uconnect Access, featuring SiriusXM radio, has the power to put the universe and the satellites directly within the driver’s reach in the new 2013 Ram 1500.
Ram will have a large television presence in professional and college football games, major league baseball playoff games, network and cable primetime programming, and syndicated network and cable sports and outdoor lifestyle programs beginning the weekend of Oct.13.