Toyota reported June 2013 sales results
Toyota Motor Sales today reported June 2013 sales results of 195,235 units, an increase of 14 percent over June 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
- TMS hybrid June sales increase 19 percent
- Toyota Division No. 1 retail brand for fourth consecutive month
- Camry is best-selling car in America with best June since 2008
- Prius family sales up 10 percent for the month
- All-new Avalon sales nearly tripled for the month
- All-new RAV4 sales up about 36 percent for its best-ever June
- Toyota Division trucks increased nearly 14 percent in June, slightly ahead of segment
- Sienna up more than 9 percent with sales of 11,722 units for the month
- Highlander up 7 percent with sales of 11,090 units for the month
- Tacoma and Tundra post double-digit gains, with June sales of 14,023 and 9,759, respectively
- Lexus sales increase nearly 7 percent in June and 9.5 percent in first half
- Lexus ES up 50 percent in June and up 83 percent in first half
- Lexus LS up 45 percent in June and up 73 percent in first half
- RX continues to lead luxury utility vehicle segment with sales of more than 8,600 units in June
On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 26 selling days in June 2013 versus 27 selling days in June 2012, TMS sales increased 9.8 percent from the year-ago month.
Toyota Division posted June 2013 sales of 173,880 units, up 14.4 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. On a raw volume basis, Toyota Division sales were up 10.2 percent over the year-ago month.
For the first half of the year, TMS reported sales of 1,108,791 units. With 153 selling days in the first half of 2013 versus 154 selling days during the same period in 2012, sales were up 6.7 percent on a DSR basis. Unadjusted, sales were up 6 percent year-over-year.
Lexus reported June 2013 sales of 21,355 units, up 10.8 percent on a DSR basis, and up 6.7 percent over last year on a raw volume basis.
Source, please read more.