The new BMW M8 Gran Coupe and BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe!
- BMW M GmbH enters the next phase of its model offensive in the luxury segment with a brace of four-door high-performance sports cars:
BMW M8 Gran Coupe Output: 441 kW/600 hp, max. torque:
750 Nm (553 lb-ft); fuel consumption combined: 10.7 – 10.5 l/100 km (26.4 – 26.9 mpg imp); CO2 emissions combined: 244 – 240 g/km.
BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe Output: 460 kW/625 hp, max. torque: 750 Nm (553 lb-ft); fuel consumption combined:
10.7 – 10.5 l/100 km (26.4 – 26.9 mpg imp); CO2 emissions combined: 244 – 240 g/km.
- Customary M-car power delivery: high-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology develops up to 460 kW/625 hp. Cooling and oil supply systems designed for track use. Sports exhaust system with electronically controlled flaps delivers stirring engine soundtrack.
- Masterful power transfer courtesy of eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and M xDrive all-wheel-drive system linked with the Active M Differential. Choice of three modes: 4WD, 4WD Sport and 2WD with pure rear-wheel drive and deactivated driving stability control.
- Standout performance: 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.3 seconds (BMW M8 Gran Coupe) / 3.2 seconds (BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe).
- Authentic sports car character the result of development alongside the two-door variants of the new BMW M8 and the BMW M8 GTE endurance racer. Intensive setup work at the Miramas and Arjeplog test centres with fine-tuning at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit and other race tracks produces time-honoured M combination of dynamic sharpness, agility and precision.
- World premiere at the Los Angeles Auto Show 2019, market introduction from April 2020; BMW M8 Gran Coupe First Edition offered as exclusive launch model.
- Distinctive, extravagant, luxurious sports car with prominent high-performance attributes. Intense performance-car experience delivered to occupants in each of the four full-size seats. Impressive ease of ingress and egress, generous legroom and third rear seat available for use over short distances.
- Standalone body design with M-specific features: wheelbase 200 millimetres longer than two-door BMW M8 models, dynamically flowing roofline, large air intakes, BMW kidney grille with double bars, M gills on the side panels, rear spoiler and rear apron with diffuser elements and twin exhaust tailpipes.
- Weight of body and chassis construction minimised, rigidity optimised; carbon-fibre roof, low centre of gravity, wide tracks, precisely tuned aerodynamic balance.
- M-specific chassis with electronically controlled dampers, M Servotronic steering. DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) including M Dynamic Mode.
- Integrated braking system with optimised dynamics and M-specific configurability. Two settings for pedal feel: comfort focussed or even more direct.
- New Setup button gives direct access to the settings for the engine, dampers, steering, M xDrive and braking system. Two driver-composed overall setup options can be selected via M buttons on the steering wheel.
- New M Mode for individual configuration of driver assistance system interventions and instrument cluster / Head-Up Display screens. BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe drivers can select from ROAD, SPORT and TRACK settings.
- Exclusive standard equipment includes BMW Laserlight, M sports seats, M-specific BMW Head-Up Display, BMW Live Cockpit Professional with navigation system and BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, Driving Assistant and Parking Assistant.
(Visited 155 times, 1 visits today)