Lego Car Project – A full sized Lego car, with an engine made from Lego that runs on air
Super Awesome Micro Project is: A car made of Lego, that drives, has an engine made from Lego which runs on air. (wheels and some load bearing elements are non-Lego)
Super Awesome Micro Project Factoids
• More than 500,000 LEGO pieces were used.
• The car engine is made from standard Lego pieces and runs on air!
• The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons.
• Top speed is not very fast, around 20-30km (We were scared of a lego explosion so we drove it slowly)
• It was built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in suburban Melbourne.
• It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool.
It is the brainchild of Melbourne entrepreneur and marketing guy Steve Sammartino and Raul Oaida, a self-taught teenage technology genius from Romania who Steve met on the internet. I’m proud to be Romanian.