Fuel savings tips for free
Driving habits can affect fuel mileage. Here are some driving tips to get the best fuel economy possible.
There are a lot of things you and me can do to make genuine fuel economy improvements right now, and for free.
Often you’ll find a lot of products claiming to be a Silver Bullet, often making outlandish claims that their gadget will not only save you fuel, but also improve horsepower.
However, these top 12 tips are tried and tested ideas that really do make a positive difference to your car’s fuel economy.
So, have a read of these top 10 tips and start making savings straight away!
1. Avoid fast starts and accelerate smoothly – Drive smoothly
2. Brake gradually and avoid abrupt stops.
3. Avoid idling the engine for long periods of time.
4. When road and weather conditions are appropriate, use cruise control.
5. Always follow posted speed limits or drive slower if conditions require.
6. Keep vehicle tires properly inflated.
7. Combine several trips into a single trip.
8. Replace the vehicle’s tires with the same TPC Spec number molded into the tire’s sidewall near the size.
9. Follow recommended scheduled maintenance.
10. Turn off the Air Conditioning
11. Keep your car in tip-top condition
12. Check your tyres